Developed specifically for children aged 4-10, the startHED offers an easy and playful introduction to the world of drum and bodhrán playing. A tool-less, three-point tuning system makes the drum easy to tune, and resilient to possible tuning mistakes or to being put out of tune by accident. Although the startHED was designed for children (with rounded edges, and without any dangerous gaps, holes, or angles), it is NOT A TOY, but a musical instrument. As the tuning screws protrude from the frame, thus permitting the sound to escape even when placed on a flat surface, the startHED can also be used as a table drum. The startHED is equipped with a natural drum skin specifically selected for this purpose and is guaranteed to be of European origin (traceable!). A taped edge allows for a more harmonious sound. startHED means joy of playing right from the start… so get startHED!
- 3-point-finter tuning system
- goat skin
- plywood beech/poplar
- incl. fitting drum bag with shoulder strap and handle
- incl. specifically developed kid´s tipper by Stevie Moises
Germany: 10 EUR
Europe: 20 EUR
Worldwide: 30 EUR
View the embedded image gallery online at:
- Not suitable for children under 4 years
- This product is not a toy, but a musical instrument made and designed for the systematic musical education of children aged 4-10, for making music, and for learning the bodhrán playing technique.
- The startHED may only be used under adult supervision.
- Damaged startHED drums must not be used – risk of injury!
- The startHED drum may only be played with either the hand, or with drumsticks that are made and suitable for the child's playing technique and age. Each startHED drum is delivered with a suitable drumstick.