My workshop is specialized in the production of custom made drums.
Individual instruments are planned and made in close contact with the customer. An extensive advise and guidance is of course. For me 'custom work' does not mean to produce everything that is possible. Rather, it is meant to incorporate customer requests in a useful way. This is the way to achieve maximum results. Playing comfort and optimum sound results are always kept in the focus.
(All prices incl. 19%VAT, exclusive p&p)
- Diameter 33 cm (ap. 13") € 345
- Diameter 35 cm (ap. 14") € 355
- Diameter 37 cm (ap. 15 ”) € 365
- Diameter 40 cm (ap. 16 “) € 385
- Diameter 45 cm (ap. 18 “) € 455
Please note: I recommend 37 or 40 cm.
- Deeper frame until 16cm (ap. 6“) € 20
- Deeper frame until 21cm (ap. 6,8“) € 60
- Compressor tuning system € 35
- DRAGONSkin drum skin € 30 ("velvet", "classic" or "spicy")
- TwinSkin (special laminated, custom made drum skin composed of two or more single skins. This is NOT DoubleSkin !) € 120
- Extrerior layer of maple or cherry (see 1st row wood pictures below) € 30
- Veneer inlay stripe (at beech, maple or cherry) € 20
- Concave frame (if a solid varnish is required) € 20
- Concave frame on stained beech or cherry or walnut € 200
- Concave frame on fiddlebottom- or birdseye maple € 250
- Veneerd wood finishes: (see wood pictures from 2nd row)
- Additonal price for veneer only exterior € 40
(Interior in beech, tuning ring in beech or solid black)
- Additional price for interior and exterior veneer finish € 70
(Intermediate rim in same veneer or black, tuning ring in black)
- Special noble veneers: There is a surcharge for Olive, Makassar und Yew wood because of the high material price and the complex extra work.
The extra charge is € 115 per frame side. For example a drum with Makassar veneer interior and exterior = 70+115+115= 300 € extra charge)
- Surcharge for Beech blue/brown/red/green fading into black
This finish always comes at interior and exterior, inclusive black tuning frames.
Complete additional charge is 120 Euro
- 2 tuning pegs more (only for 45cm) € 20
- Only-nails-option. (no decoration ribbon) € 30
- Cutout € 25 (only recommended in exceptional case !)
- Single bar € 25 (only recommended in exceptional case !)
- Cross bar (Your are absolutely sure ? ;-) ) € 50
- Dyed skin (black, blue, green red, yellow, "stonewashed“) € 50
If you have further questions please feel free to ask !
Pleas note: We offer a 10% discount for all tippers with new drum orders!
Thank you for your order!
Row1: Solid layer of beech, maple or cherry. Only exterior.
IDV means "Italian Desing Veneer". These are real wood veneers created of differnt single veneers. Differnt staining, laminating and cutting techiques are used to compose these special veneers. The big advantage is the enenly wood grain all over the veneer layer. Compared to some special grown wood veneers they are also much less expensive.
Really fine thing ! :-)
Usually all veneer surfaces comes with a varnished finishing. We use a high quality two-component-poyurethane varnish, semigloss. If you should prefer a natural finish of oil and bees wax please let us know. For colored/stained surfaces only a varnish finish is available.
Beech (with veneer inlay stripe)
Maple (with veneer inlay stripe)
Cherry (with veneer inlay stripe)
fiddle bottom maple, red fading into black
fiddle bottom maple, blue fading into black
fiddle bottom maple, green fading into black
fiddle bottom maple, grey fading into black
fiddle bottom maple, nature
fiddle bottom maple, red (exclusive for RWE)
Bird's eye maple blue IDV
Bird's eye maple red, fading into black IDV
Bird's eye maple nature IDV
Beech blue, fading into black
Beech brown, fading into black
Real Makassar 'Ebony'
standard, wide, narrow, left: nail color silver, gold, 'antique'
Velvet ribbon: black, blue, green, red
Combi ribbon on wide black velvet ribbon
black, blue, green, red
The following video features an explanation and solo demonstration of a recent and unique custom made Hedwitschak Bodhrán. It was a collaboration between Jacob McCauley and Christian Hedwitschak. The concept of this new Bodhrán was to have it stand out with its shell design, as well as have an interesting sound signature. The deep shell depth of the drum, matched with its open nature and sound hole allow for it to eliminate the usual problems of a deep shell design. Thus creating a very distinctive look and exciting full bodied sound.
Please enjoy the video and see the finished product in action.